June 14, 2011
UNOFFICIAL MINUTES- SUBJECT TO CORRECTIONS
LYON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
LYON COUNTY GOVERNMENT CENTER, MARSHALL, MN
May 17, 2011
9:00- Meeting was called to order by Chairman Fenske. Members present: Stensrud, Fenske, Ritter, Goodenow, Anderson, County Administrator Stomberg, Attorney Maes, County Auditor/Treasurer Van Overbeke.
Stensrud moved, seconded by Ritter to approve the agenda. All voted in favor.
Identify any Conflict of Interest
No conflict of interest identified.
Per Diems Expenses
1. Approve Minutes from April 26, 2011
2. Approve Minutes from May 3, 2011
3. Approve Minutes from May 10, 2011
4. Approve Commissioner Warrants 124832-124924 in the amount of $151,791.13 dated 5/18/11.
5. Approve Auditor Warrants 124757-124791 in the amount of $36,672.46 dated 5/5/11 and 124804-124831 in the amount of $236,514.53 dated 5/12/11.
6. Approve Per Diems & Expenses
Anderson moved, seconded by Stensrud to approve the consent agenda. All voted in favor.
Stensrud moved, seconded by Ritter to approve and authorize the Chair to sign a resolution for law library fees. All voted in favor. (Resolution 22-11 on file in the County Administrator's Office).
Anderson moved, seconded by Goodenow to approve the Chair to sign a grant for the HSEM Interoperable Emergency Communications grant. All voted in favor.
Anderson moved, seconded by Ritter to grant a Conditional Use Permit to Tony Dybdahl for the clustering of two single-family dwellings with the density transfer requirements per Section 15.11C. The area representing the request is currently zoned shoreland/agricultural. The property is being purchased from Allen and Judy Peterson and is described as all that part of the Southeast Quarter (SE1/4), Section Four (4), of Coon Creek Township. As per recommendation of the Lyon County Planning Commission and the Coon Creek Township Board. With the following stipulations:
1. Must satisfy density requirement through density transfer.
2. Septic System must be designed and installed by a licensed septic professional.
3. Access must be provided to all parcels which include future parcels.
4. Setbacks: Front yard 100 feet; Rear yard 25 feet; Side yard 25 feet; Ordinary High Water Mark 150'.
5. A copy of the County Board of Commissioner's Motion shall be filed with the County Recorder's Office along with the legal description of the property. Additional fees to be paid by the applicant for the actual costs incurred by the County for the recording fees.
6. Subdivision must be in accordance to the shoreland standards.
7. Must apply for and sign property with an E-911 address
All voted in favor.
Goodenow moved, seconded by Anderson to approve and authorize Commissioner Stensrud to sign the Area II JPA Addendum Number 9. All voted in favor.
Goodenow moved, seconded by Anderson to approve advertising and hiring a temporary seasonal worker to haul, setup and take down portable stage for scheduled events. All voted in favor.
JD 13 Lyon and Lincoln Conference Call to constitute Joint Board
Goodenow moved, seconded by Ritter to nominate Bob Fenske, Rick Anderson, and Rodney Stensrud to the Joint Ditch 13 Board. All voted in favor.
Goodenow moved, seconded by Ritter to approve Curt Blumyer, Joan Jagt, Bob Fenske, Rick Anderson and Rodney Stensrud to the JD 13 L & L Board. All voted in favor.
The Joint Ditch 13 Board will meet on Monday May 23, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. in Commissioner Rooms 1 & 2 of the Lyon County Government Center.
Fenske set a public hearing for the Ed Verly Outlet Petition for June 21, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. in CR 1 & 2 at the Lyon County Government Center.
Ritter moved, seconded by Goodenow to approve an RFP from Evolution Markets for the sale of carbon credits generated from landfill active gas collection system. All voted in favor.
10:00 Meeting Recessed
10:15 Meeting Called Back to Order
Stensrud moved, seconded by Ritter to approve hiring Nathan Haukom (Engineering), Josh Flggare (Fairgrounds) Ashley Krogen, Timothy Botsford, Christopher Hagedorn, Trajan Gustafson (Highway) and Alissa Bahn (Parks) effective immediately at an hourly range of $8.00 - $12.00 per hour. All voted in favor.
Goodenow reported on Law Library and Library meeting.
Ritter reported on Airport Commission. The sixth street by the sidewalk there was a car parked there.
Anderson reported on Planning and Zoning, Insurance Meeting, Safety Meeting, and Regional Radio Board.
Stensrud reported on Yellow Medicine River Watershed meeting, Area II, RCRCA and the Drug Task Force.
Fenske reported Regional Amateur Sports Commission. Discussion on Score Grant.
11:33 a.m. Fenske adjourned the meeting.
Robert Fenske, Chairman
Attest: Loren Stomberg
Lyon County Administrator