Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS

Concerned about field spraying

August 30, 2011
Marshall Independent

To the editor:

What is it that is being used to spray soybeans and how is it affecting our health and the health of our animals?

Living in the country, I find I get extremely sick from the fumes of this spray. I experience severe headaches, have difficulty breathing and my mouth burns. Other family members have similar reactions.

Birds have disappeared, there are no insects in the yard and animals go into buildings and seldom go outside.

The odor of the fumes stay in the area for a long period of time. You cannot open your windows because the odor of the fumes comes in.

The farmers that spray used tell their neighbors that he was spraying and "to stay indoors and to keep your animals (including livestock) indoors." They do not do this anymore.

A year ago a sprayer plane flew over the car of a gentleman traveling in our area. The spray came through the air conditioning unit of his car and he was so overcome he almost died on the way to the hospital.

How long is this going to continue? How many other people will be affected and how many health problems will be caused by this?

Janice Drietz




I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web