Redwood Valley's No. 3 doubles team of Rebecca Einck and Mackenzie Jeseritz bounced back from a first-set loss to defeat Yellow Medicine East's Keaunna Hammer and Sandy Bartels 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 and lift the Cardinals to the semifinals of the Section 3A tournament.
All of the other other matches went just two sets, with YME and Redwood Valley tied at 3-all before the decisive win by Einck and Jeseritz.
Both of YME's singles wins came in lopsided victories. At No. 2 singles, Danielle Clarke beat Abi Einck 6-2, 6-1. And at No. 4 singles, YME's Leah Gluth topped Carli Grannes 6-1, 6-1.
The Stings' lone doubles win came at No. 1 doubles, where Jordan Trotter and Britanna Raddatz defeated Callie Hansen and Madison Tholkes 6-3, 6-1.
Redwood Valley 4, YME 3
1. Abby Schmidt (RV) def. Jordan Glad 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
2. Danielle Clarke (YME) def. Abi Einck 6-2, 6-1
3. Ahnna Malacek (RV) def. Rachel Christensen 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
4. Leah Gluth (YME) def. Carli Grannes 6-1, 6-1
1. Jordan Trotter/Britanna Raddatz (YME) def. Callie Hansen/Madison Tholkes 6-3, 6-1
2. Alex Erie/Alyssa Lueck (RV) def. Allie Trudel/Anna Posch 6-2, 6-4
3. Rebecca Einck/Mackenzie Jeseritz (RV) def. Keaunna Hammer/Sandy Bartels 3-6, 6-4, 6-4