To the editor:
This is in response to the Feb. 28 "Planning the next step in marriage equality?"( PFLAG interview.)
It's been said by some who sanction immoral behavior that we are just basically animals and so there's no problem with doing what comes natural. True, we are basically animals if you look at physical features and, at the biochemical machinery level as spelled out in the genome's construction and operating instructions; we're just molecular machines.
I talked with some guys who are in the business of raising cattle. I asked about homosexuality among the animals, they said that sometimes males will try to mate with males, and females with females. I asked if they have ever seen a case where two males will only mate with males and refuse females when they are available, thereby creating a life-long bond for this male to male behavior; they insisted this never happens.
So here we are, with homosexual marriage proponents (including some church denominations) trying to legalize and legitimize a behavior that not even the animal kingdom engages in on a permanent basis. Nor has a culture in the past ever defined marriage this way. In fact research shows most homosexuals don't even want a life-long monogamous relationship that adheres to true fidelity.
Some think that life will be better if their behavior is codified as "married." But as Greg Quinlan (pfox.org) stated: jurisdictions across the world show us that nothing improves; suicide rate among them does not get better, nor does drug abuse nor infidelity and promiscuity.
Massachusetts legalized homosexual marriage in November 2003. The results:
1. In 2005 David Parker was arrested and thrown in jail overnight. Crime? He tried to get the school to let him know when homosexuality and transgender issues would be taught, so that he could take his 5-year-old son out of class that day.
2. In 2007 a federal judge ruled that parents in Massachusetts have no rights regarding the teaching of homosexual relationships in schools. Appeals judges later upheld the ruling because same-sex marriage is legal, and therefore schools have a duty to teach homosexuality to children.
3. In 2006, a mother was told she displayed inappropriate behavior by complaining about a transgender man teaching her third grader that there are now "different kinds of families."
4. In 2005 the state public health dept helped fund a booklet for teenage boys on how to perform male to male sex, and included a directory of bars where boys can go to meet for this behavior.
5. Domestic violence among homosexuals has increased.
6. Groups of homosexuals go into public businesses to "test for tolerance" by engaging in promiscuous behavior. Businesses that do not tolerate, are fined/sued.
7. Catholic Charities had to shut down their adoption agencies to avoid being forced to give children to homosexuals. Many adoption agencies now actually favor homosexuals over normal couples.
This is only a small sampling, go to www.MassResistance.org to get the whole list.
In conclusion, once same sex marriage becomes law, society becomes more oppressive and spiritually disoriented.
I invite all who still believe in 'The Good, the True, the Beautiful' to take a stand for 'real' marriage Thursday at the St Paul capitol; rally starts at 2:30 p.m. and goes until 5 p.m. Or at least contact your legislator- see www.minnesotaformarriage.com/legislator/