Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

No injuries in Balaton fire

April 14, 2014
Marshall Independent
Photo by Anna Haecherl-Smith

A trash can caught fire shortly after 2 p.m. Monday at 231 North Washington Avenue in Balaton. Concerns as to wether the fire would continue to spread and the proximity of a nearby LP tank caused the Balaton Fire Department to call for assistance from Balaton, Garvin and Russell. Balaton Ambulance and Garvin First Responders also assisted. Neighbor Arnold Vanwinkle spotted the blaze and called 911 after knocking on the door of the house and discovering no one was home. “I was picking up sticks in my yard and saw the trash can was on fire,” he said. No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported, but the fire spread to the house and caused some structural damage.
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web